The value of a caring culture.
Join a company that appreciates your energy, drive and enthusiasm just as much as your skills. Discover the benefits of working with us.Learn more
Cloud Developer and Administrator
As a member of a national team providing operational support to TELUS systems, you are a highly motivated and energetic individual with experience in developing and supporting services on cloud platforms (Public/Private/Hybrid) such as VMware and MS Azure. In this role you will be responsible for providing Tier 3 technical support and build support in both development and production environments. Your main tasks will include project system installation and configuration, development of changes, implementing and testing of upgrades, automation, supporting pre-developed workflows and enhancement to support evolutionary changes.
• In this role you will be responsible for system implementation, and the adoption of tools and standard operating procedures relevant to the platform you are supporting
• Perform changes in the orchestration engine.
• Support the automation, code deployments, releases, code management.
• Communicating directly with customers (technical and business primes) effectively and in a professional manner.
• Support the knowledge transfer from the existing vendor and from the Client.
• Create and maintain effective Tier 3 and Tier 4 product and support documentation.
• Support pre-developed workflows and be able to support enhancements to accommodate evolutionary changes.
• Automation scripting skills in any of the following: Java, PowerShell, XML, JSON, Bash.
• Working knowledge with any version control system.
• Hands-on knowledge with platform deployments and upgrades.
• Knowledge in VMware vRealize Suite (VROPS and VRO), Microsoft Azure Pack (Stack) or any other cloud solution is considered strong advantage.
• Good knowledge in VMware and MS Hyper-V is considered an asset.
• Working knowledge networks, SDN and infrastructure components is considered an asset.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Very good verbal and written skills in English.
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
• Driven and team focused.
• Able to adapt and acquire new skills quickly.
• Desire to continuous improvement – maintain and develop skill sets and certifications.
• Must be able to provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high paced work environment.
• Have the skills to create and maintain effective Tier 3/4 documentation.
• Understand agile coding development methodologies.
• Understand and implement best practices for coding and automation development.
• Effective communicator both technically and to the business peers.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• University degree in related field.
• Ideally hold necessary VMware and/or Microsoft certifications.
• Previous experience in scripting and automation development.
• Previous experience in large enterprise environments is an advantage.