What is it really like to work at TELUS International? Part 1
September 14, 2016
1. Be part of something extraordinary
As a team member, you will work in a global organization and serve our clients all over the world, including some of the world’s most successful companies. Who isn’t interested in being a part of something bigger than themselves?
By joining us, you will meet the customer care needs of some of the largest and most respected brands across the games, telecommunications, utilities, high tech, finance, retail, e-commerce, travel, logistics and health care industries.
You will become part of a global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company that has over 23,000 team members around the world, including in Bulgaria, Romania, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, Central America and the Philippines.
And you know what? We are even bigger than that! TELUS International is the global arm of TELUS, a leading national telecommunications company in Canada with over CAD$12.6 billion of annual revenue and almost 14 million customer connections. No matter what your position in our company, you will take part in shaping the future of customer care.
2. Push your career to the next level
At TELUS International, we offer more than just jobs – we offer careers. When you join us, you are taking an important step in your career development. We are going to make sure we challenge you, invest in you and train you. In fact, you might feel like you are over-trained, but that’s going to prepare you for the next level in your career.
Part of our philosophy is to promote from within. Over 70% of our managerial team started as agents. Over 200 promotions in 2015 and a forecast of 300 promotions in 2016 in Bulgaria and Romania show that TELUS International is the place to build a career.
By following a set career path, our team members have developed personally and professionally and many now manage their own teams. Our career development plans are based on equity, skills development, performance improvement and constant growth.
When you join TELUS, you’re not just starting a new job; you’re joining a company where you can continually learn and develop your skills to grow in your career – fast.
3. Develop personally and professionally
We have designed and created programs that will help you in every step of your personal and professional development journey. We have learning programs that align to each stage of your career. It all starts with the learning @ TI roadmap.
• The journey begins with IEvolve for all new frontline team members. Positioning our team members for success at the very beginning of their career is critical. Through IEvolve, we provide a foundation of learning that enhances our team member’s onboarding experience and provides the necessary building blocks to hit the ground running in their new job.
• The next step in your journey prepares you to become a leader. This program is called IAspire for developing emerging leaders.
• Upon completion of IAspire, your journey will continue with IExcel to grow your leadership skills even further. Because the program is designed for our midlevel leaders, IExcel will focus on building skills to help leaders achieve operational excellence within their teams and programs.
• Following the roadmap, the next step for leadership development is through the ILead program. ILead consists of 360 degree feedback along with an individualized development plan for our senior leaders.
4. Take advantage of extensive social benefits
At TELUS International, we are passionate about our people. We encourage you to have fun, enjoy a healthy lifestyle and take advantage of the outstanding benefits package our company offers. Our benefits are designed to keep you healthy in every aspect – physically, emotionally, financially and socially.
Health insurance, banking, wellness activities and more. Massages, organized lectures for healthy diet, TELUS Fruit Days, office ergonomics classes, psychologist at the office, meal vouchers, special discounts, language courses, sports activities including our own gym in Sofia, located at our company headquarters and open to everyone.
For tennis fans, we have one of the best red clay tennis courts in Sofia at your disposal every day of the week during summer time. We hold weekly yoga classes with a certified yoga teacher in our special yoga rooms located right in our offices. Are you a runner? We not only organize our team members’ participation in local marathons, but we also organize regular group training sessions. We also have discounts for sport facilities – gyms, dance, aerobic, zumba and tae-bo classes.
5. Enjoy a stable job in a flourishing industry
Job stability is not just about your ability to hold a job for a long period of time. It’s also about enjoying steady pay and benefits, managing stress on the job, and knowing you are in an industry that is expected to last long into the future. In Europe, our company has been growing by 30% to 50% per year since its inception. And our industry in Bulgaria is among the top growth areas, with an annual growth rate of 15% to 20% over the past 5 years.
Sound good to you? If so, TELUS International is the place you want to be. Check out the open positions and apply for a great career !
Stay tuned for the other five reasons to join our team coming in our next post!
Many of us think it’s impossible to win back a customer who has been disappointed by customer service, but the truth is, this is the best time to show them your best customer service.